Though "family business" may sound like it refers only to mom-and-pop shops, businesses owned by families are among the most significant and numerous in the world. But surprisingly few resources exist to help navigate the unique challenges you face when you share the executive suite, financial statements, and holidays. How do you make the right decisions, critical to the long-term survival of any business, with the added challenge of having to do so within the context of a family?
The HBR Family Business Handbook brings you sophisticated guidance and practical advice from family business experts Josh Baron and Rob Lachenauer. Drawing on their decades-long experience working closely with a wide range of family businesses of all sizes around the world, the authors present proven methods and approaches for communicating effectively, managing conflict, building the right governance structures, and more.
In the HBR Family Business Handbook you'll find:
- A new perspective on what makes family businesses succeed and fail
- A framework to help you make good decisions together
- Step-by-step guidance on managing change within your business family
- Key questions about wealth, unique to family businesses, that you can't afford to ignore
- Assessments to help you determine where you are—and where you want to go
- Stories of real companies, from Marchesi Antinori to Radio Flyer
- Chapter summaries you can use to reinforce what you've learned
Keep this comprehensive guide with you to help you build, grow, and position your family business to thrive across generations.
HBR Handbooks provide ambitious professionals with the frameworks, advice, and tools they need to excel in their careers.
Cover : Softcover
Author : Harvard Business Review
Language : English
ISBN : 9781633699045