Many couples today feel uncomfortable with the rituals traditionally associated with getting married. The old ceremonies can feel too overtly religious and out of step with the complexities of contemporary relationships. In response to this dilemma, The School of Life has rethought the ideal wedding day and redesigned the entire process from scratch.
The book begins by proposing new methods of psychological preparation, providing practical advice on how to prepare not only for the day of the wedding, but for the long marriage that follows. Also included is a practical and thoughtfully redesigned wedding ceremony, covering everything from picking a venue to writing vows and selecting readings.
With their trademark wisdom and warmth, The School of Life presents a bold rethinking of one of humankind's most important and popular rituals.
- AN OUTLINE FOR A NEW KIND OF WEDDING CEREMONY based on psychological theory rather than religious traditions.
- INCLUDES PRACTICAL INSTRUCTION for marriage preparation, as well as advice for married life.
- INNER POCKET CONTAINING ORDER OF SERVICE BOOKLET (including suggested vows and readings) and emotional prenuptial contract.
- GENDER NEUTRAL and non-heteronormative.
- BEAUTIFULLY PRODUCED high end gift format. Royal-blue cover and page trim, gold foil embossed title, blue endpapers and gold ribbon.
- ILLUSTRATED with full color images.
Cover : Hardcover
Author : The School of Life
Language : English
ISBN : 9781999747114