Not being able to sleep is deeply frightening. We panic about the demands of the next day; we panic that we are panicking; the possibility of sleep recedes ever further as the clock counts down to another exhausted, irritable dawn.
This book is an elegant companion to console us through even the longest of sleepless nights. It provides an alternative to pills and medicine, instead offering tools to help us reflect on our sleeplessness, define it to ourselves and others, and understand where it springs from in human nature. We learn to be patient with ourselves and to speculate constructively about what our insomnia might-in its own confused way-be trying to tell us.
- A HELPFUL COMPANION FOR THE RESTLESS INSOMNIAC
- A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO ALL THE THINGS THAT KEEPS US UP AT NIGHT and what we can do to loosen their power.
- INCLUDES RELAXING EXERCISES TO UNBURDEN THE MIND and make way for sleep.
- NO TWO PAGES ARE THE SAME innovative design reflects the ceaseless workings of the nocturnal brain.
- FULL COLOR ILLUSTRATIONS THROUGHOUT
Cover : Hardcover
Author : The School of Life
Language : English
ISBN : 9781999917975