Instant number one Sunday Times best seller
Every parent wants their child to be happy, and every parent wants to avoid screwing them up (the way their parents did!). But how do you do that?
In this absorbing, clever, and warm book, renowned psychotherapist Philippa Perry tells us what really matters and what behavior it is important to avoid - the vital dos and don'ts of parenting.
Her approach begins with parents themselves and their own psychological make-up and history - and how that in turn influences one's parenting.
Instead of mapping out the "perfect" plan, Perry offers a big-picture look at the elements that lead to good parent-child relationships. This refreshing judgement-free book will help you to:
- Understand how your own upbringing may affect your parenting
- Accept that you will make mistakes and learn what you can do about them
- Break negative cycles and patterns
- Handle your own and child's feelings
- Understand what different behaviors communicate
Full of sage and sane advice, The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read is one every parent will want to hear and every child will wish their parents had.
Cover : Hardcover
Author : Philippa Perry
Language : English
ISBN : 9781984879554